During the summer we had several outdoor sessions that went well and we wanted to give you an update on what plans Honto Judo has for a safe return to training indoors. Welsh Judo is now in the AMBER phase of the return protocols (traffic light system). This means that indoor, socially distanced, non-contact activity of no more than 30 (including spectators, training judoka and coaches) can resume. https://welshjudo.com/resources/covid-19-resources/
Going forward we will be looking to put on Non-Contact indoor (strength & fitness) technical sessions starting on Thursday October 1st, these sessions will be restricted to our senior 16+ members only for now with the possibility of a return of Juniors in November (subject to successful October training, more details to follow toward the end of October).
We plan to have two sessions of an hour each with a maximum of 8 training spaces available to students per session, the 1st session will be 7:00pm - 8:00pm then the 2nd session will be 8:15pm - 9:15pm to enable a clean down of mat area and equipment.
Our calculations & risk assessment of our dojo space has led us to the conclusion that the space will safely hold 10 people including coaches so no spectators or non training students will be permissible unfortunately. Each student will have a 3mx3m mat area available to them to train on safely with up to 2 coaches in their own 3mx3m area.
To make sure that we are following the safeguards that our governing body and the government have put in place, we will require that the following procedures be followed to keep us all safe and training (failure to follow these measures could mean we will have to close the dojo again):
1. Please fill out the WJA Athlete Self Declaration Form online before you attend each session (it is a part of our online booking form linked below). This will enable us to track & trace should there be an outbreak and to conform with the guidelines set out by the sports governing body
2. Make sure that your Licence is up to date and valid to comply with insurance purposes, no licence no training. We will ask you to produce your licence before you enter the dojo so please bring it with you
3. You will need to book and pay for your attendance before your session so we can minimise contact at the dojo, fill out our ONLINE BOOKING FORM and we will send you a link for you to pay. This will be on a first come first served basis, you should specify which time session you wish to participate in. Confirmation of your booking and payment receipt will be emailed to you. A form must be filled out for each session you plan to attend. Please do not come to the dojo without booking, you will be turned away.
4. You will need to wear your Gi to and from training as there will be no changing or bathroom facilities, the kitchen will be out of use also so it would be best to bring your own water. Make sure to clean your Gi before and after each session
5. Keep to the governments social distancing & hygiene advice https://gov.wales/coronavirus-socialdistancing-guidance. Hand washing/sanitising and at least a 2m distance is mandatory
6. We will have hand sanitising gel at the dojo but it would be beneficial for you to bring your own, we will also have a first aid kit on site with qualified first aiders.
7. There will be a one way system in place at the dojo so be aware you may have to queue at the front entrance (2m apart) and exit through the rear fire exit, there will be signage to help guide you
8. All equipment will be cleaned after each session and quarantined for a week until the next session. We would also advise you to clean any equipment you bring
We will endeavour to keep you updated as things change and we hope to get back to regular judo when circumstances allow. Thank you for your continued patience and kind support during this time